Earlier this year, we launched add-ins for Outlook on iOS—bringing your favorite apps right in Outlook—so you can get more done on the go. We are now rolling out add-ins to Outlook on Android customers with Outlook.com and Office 365 commercial email accounts. Additionally, we’ll be bringing add-ins to Gmail customers on iOS and Android soon.
This launch will bring some of the most loved Outlook add-ins from iOS to Android, including Evernote, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Microsoft Translator, Nimble, OnePlaceMail, Outlook Customer Manager, Smartsheet, and Trello. We will also be launching several new add-ins for Outlook—including Wrike, JIRA, MeisterTask, Gfycat, and MojiLala. These add-ins will be available for Outlook customers across the web, Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
Get more done on the go with add-ins for Outlook
Add-ins help you accomplish tasks quickly—right from Outlook. Whether you want to save an email to your customer relationship management app, quickly add email content to your project board, translate emails on the fly, or add a bit of flair and personality to emails—add-ins have you covered. There is no need to switch back and forth between apps or copy/paste email information. With add-ins, your favorite apps are just a tap away in Outlook.
To start using add-ins for Outlook on iOS or Android, go to Settings > Add-ins and then tap the + sign next to the add-ins you want to enable.
Here’s a closer look at the new add-ins:
Wrike—A powerful online project management software for teams. The Wrike add-in for Outlook keeps you on top of work projects by enabling you to quickly capture your team’s communications in one place—giving team members greater visibility into work and making the team more productive. To use the Wrike add-in, tap the Open Wrike add-in icon to create Wrike tasks from emails, view and edit tasks, and collaborate in real-time—without leaving Outlook.
Stay on top of your work projects by quickly associating any email with a Wrike project.
JIRA (by Yasoon)—Designed specifically for software teams, JIRA provides best-in-class agile tooling, deep developer tool integrations, and a single repository for every step in your software project’s lifecycle. The JIRA add-in for Outlook helps you stay on top of software project issues and communication with customers, partners, or vendors by enabling easy tracking of your project’s progress, right from Outlook. Tap the New issue or Add to issue icon to create a new issue or update an issue using content from email and attachments. Tap View issues for an overview of open issues and due dates for the current conversation or sender.
To keep your business data safe, your JIRA administrator must configure a secure connection to JIRA first. See Getting started with JIRA for Outlook for more information.
Use the JIRA add-in to create and update issues using email content.
MeisterTask—A highly intuitive task manager that adapts to your team’s workflow. The MeisterTask add-in lets you quickly save emails as tasks in your project board—without needing to copy/paste or re-enter the content into another app. To use the MeisterTask add-in, tap the Create Task icon to quickly create new tasks from incoming emails, assign them to your coworkers, and easily access task details.
Stay on top of your work projects using the MeisterTask add-in.
Gfycat—Discover and share awesome GIFs to make your emails more engaging, expressive, and fun. Congratulate your coworkers or thank them for a job well done with the new Gfycat add-in for Outlook. To use the Gfycat add-in, tap React with Gfycat to search for the GIF you are looking for, such as “Congratulations” or “Thank you.” The selected GIF will then be sent as your reply—adding a touch of your personality to the conversation.
Easily discover and share awesome GIFs, right from Outlook using the Gfycat add-in.
MojiLaLa—Designers bring you their best stickers to help you share emotions and communicate with one another around the world. The MojiLaLa add-in adds color, imagination, and humor to your emails. To use the MojiLaLa add-in, tap the Reply with MojiLaLa icon and then search for a sticker, such as “Great work” or “Happy Birthday.” The selected sticker will be sent as your reply.
Add fun, humor, and a touch of personality to your emails using the MojiLaLa add-in.
In addition to these new add-ins, several existing add-ins available for Outlook on iOS will now be available on Outlook for Android, including:
- Evernote—Easily save emails from Outlook to a project notebook in Evernote.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365—Quickly look up customer contacts, associate an email or appointment with an existing opportunity, or create new records with just a few taps.
- Microsoft Translator—Translate email messages on the fly, with support for 60+ languages powered by Microsoft Translator.
- Nimble—Get insights on any contact in Outlook, including broad social profiles, shared relationships, mutual interests, industry and company profile, revenue, and more.
- OnePlaceMail—Seamlessly save emails and attachments to SharePoint without leaving the familiar Outlook environment.
- Smartsheet—Easily manage your work and collaborate with stakeholders in real-time by quickly creating, assigning, and updating tasks and capturing other project information right from your email.
- Trello—Quickly associate any incoming email with an existing board, create cards, and edit descriptions. In addition, the Trello add-in has now been updated to save email attachments to your Trello board.
- Outlook Customer Manager (coming soon)—Track and grow customer relationships right from Outlook.
Try the new Outlook add-ins and send us your feedback
Add-ins bring your favorite apps right into Outlook, so you can accomplish more, faster. We hope you give them a try. If you have feedback or suggestions on adding your favorite apps in Outlook, visit the Outlook for Android UserVoice—we’re eager to hear from you!
Developers—If you are a developer looking to build add-ins for Outlook, check out the Outlook Dev Center for more resources.
—The Outlook team
Frequently asked questions
Q. How do I enable add-ins for Outlook on iOS and Android?
A. To start using add-ins for Outlook on iOS or Android, go to Settings > Add-ins and then tap the + sign next to the add-ins you want to enable. For detailed steps, refer to our support article. Note that add-ins for Outlook on iOS and Android are currently available when reading email.
Q. Why do the animated images in the blog look different from what I currently see on my Outlook on Android device?
A. The animated images in the blog show the new conversation experience that is coming to Outlook on Android customers over the next few weeks. It is already available to customers using Outlook on iOS.
Q. I have Outlook on Android with an Outlook.com or Office 365 commercial email account, but I still don’t see the add-ins.
A. Add-ins for Outlook on iOS and Android are rolling out to all Office 365 commercial customers and Outlook.com customers over the next few weeks. If you have an Office 365 commercial email account (a mailbox in Exchange Online) or Outlook.com email account, you should be able to see the Add-ins section in the settings tab over the next few weeks.
Q. When will add-ins be available to Gmail users?
A. Add-ins for Outlook on iOS and Android will be available to customers with Gmail accounts in the next few months.
Q. As an administrator, how do I manage access to add-ins for my organization?
A. Administrators can manage access to add-ins for users in your organization using the Exchange admin center. For more details, refer to the Add-ins for Outlook TechNet article.
Published at Fri, 08 Sep 2017 15:59:19 +0000
- TalkTalk Telecom Group outthinks the competition by empowering employees with Microsoft 365 Enterprise - January 21, 2018
- MEDNAX enhances patient-centric healthcare with highly secure cloud services from Microsoft 365 - January 21, 2018
- Health IT innovator Cerner enhances workplace productivity and collaboration with Office 365 - October 5, 2017
- Expand your collaboration with guest access in Microsoft Teams - October 3, 2017
- Health IT innovator Cerner enhances workplace productivity and collaboration with Office 365 - September 29, 2017
- Your favorite apps—now in Outlook on Android - September 26, 2017
- Your favorite apps—now in Outlook on Android - September 25, 2017
- Your favorite apps—now in Outlook on Android - September 23, 2017
- Expand your collaboration with guest access in Microsoft Teams - September 21, 2017
- Expand your collaboration with guest access in Microsoft Teams - September 21, 2017