Today’s post was written by Bill Graff, CIO at Cerner Corporation.
Cerner is an innovation-driven supplier of health information technology solutions, services, devices, and hardware. You can see this forward-thinking spirit reflected in the culture of our global enterprise. I enjoy working for a company that fosters innovation and actively shapes what tomorrow looks like. When we put together our 2020 vision to respond to the changes we were seeing in the industry and our workplace, we chose Microsoft Office 365 to help drive the “Borderless Mobility” component of that vision.
In the last decade, Cerner has grown to a nearly $5 billion global enterprise. The mobile workforce in tech industries today expect access to corporate data anywhere, anytime, from any device. We have made mobility and virtual collaboration key elements of our 2020 vision, and the suite of cloud services that constitute Office 365 allows associates to work the way they want to.
You know a solution resonates with a workforce when it is adopted without any prompting from IT. This is the case with Microsoft Teams. In just a few months, our associates have formed more than two thousand teams across the organization—and it all happened organically. Development teams at Cerner are responding to the persistent chat capability provided by Teams to facilitate collaboration. Teams has provided a functionally competitive solution in our environment and was “just included” in our subscription. With steady update cycles for Office 365 solutions, we always look forward to the next iteration of services in our device and application environments.
As the organization grows, collaboration technology becomes vital. OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online, and the ability to co-author content make it incredibly simple to share documents or collaborate globally. To further enhance this collaborative experience, we are actively migrating our intranet to SharePoint Online. Today, geographically dispersed associates can confidently work with the latest versions of their documents, and they can access them anywhere, on any device, which is critical to our operations teams who support our clients around the world.
Digital security is paramount for Cerner as we are responsible for ensuring the protection of our clients’ data. Microsoft indicated its willingness to accommodate our business needs, including our uncompromising security posture, by signing a Business Associate Agreement. Today, we have 28,000 seats of Advanced Threat Protection to help protect our associates from malware, and we are deploying Windows 10 across the enterprise, with its built-in security features that are continuously updated. This saves Cerner time and resources that we once spent on patching and maintenance.
Keeping everyone productive on the same platform is a key part of our ongoing vision for the future of workplace productivity. As we listen to what our associates want for their workplace, we’re confident that Office 365 helps preserve that vision for Cerner.
Published at Fri, 08 Sep 2017 16:00:59 +0000
- Build-A-Bear turns to Microsoft 365 to empower employees and drive competitive advantage - May 14, 2018
- Microsoft 365 empowers developers to build intelligent apps for where and how the world works - May 14, 2018
- TalkTalk Telecom Group outthinks the competition by empowering employees with Microsoft 365 Enterprise - January 21, 2018
- MEDNAX enhances patient-centric healthcare with highly secure cloud services from Microsoft 365 - January 21, 2018
- Health IT innovator Cerner enhances workplace productivity and collaboration with Office 365 - October 5, 2017
- Expand your collaboration with guest access in Microsoft Teams - October 3, 2017
- Health IT innovator Cerner enhances workplace productivity and collaboration with Office 365 - September 29, 2017
- Your favorite apps—now in Outlook on Android - September 26, 2017
- Your favorite apps—now in Outlook on Android - September 25, 2017
- Your favorite apps—now in Outlook on Android - September 23, 2017